Monday, October 8, 2012

Taco Soup

The temperatures are getting cool and it appears that fall might be in the air now.  It's time to dust off the soup recipes.  This is one of my favorites and one of the easiest.  There's very little prep work except opening cans.  You can't beat that. I hope you like this soup as well as the cooler temps.
Lots of cans to open.
Chop the onion.
Saute the onion in a little olive oil.
Then brown the ground beef and drain the fat off.
Add 1 1/2 c water.
One package of taco seasoning.
I added some extra chili powder.
Add one 8 oz can of tomato sauce
One can of tomatoes.  I used home canned tomatoes but you can use either.  The recipe calls for whole tomatoes that you break up. I don't really like whole tomatoes so you can used diced or crushed whatever you like.
Add one can undrained whole kernal corn.
A can of undrained kidney beans. It can be chili beans.
Another can of undrained chili beans.
Another can of undrained chili beans.
I put an extra can of kidney beans undrained.
Stir well.  You can let this cook for about 30 minutes or you can do what I really like to do by letting it simmer for a couple of hours.  When I have time I like letting it simmer so all the flavors blend well.
Dip the soup up and add cheese.  You can also add green onions on top if you have them.
While I was cooking today this little fellow was having his dinner on the patio.  Look at those cheeks.

Taco Soup Recipe

1 lb ground beef
1 onion chopped
3 cans chili beans undrained
1 can whole kernal corn undrained
1  8oz can tomato sauce
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 c water
cheese



No comments:

Post a Comment