Friday, October 5, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Dip

I have seen this recipe for several years now and have been wanting to try it.  I think the first time I saw it was in Southern Living.  I had a dear friend over for lunch and I asked her what she would like for lunch and she mentioned this dip.  It is so simple to make.  You won't be disappointed.
Sour cream, bacon, cheese and onions.  What could be wrong with that?  I think this could also be used on a baked potato bar as well.
Put 8 oz of sour cream in a bowl.  I used lite sour cream.
Chop up about 1/3 c green onions.  You don't want them in big pieces either.
Add about 4 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.  I didn't measure it.
Cook and crumble about 8 slices of bacon.  I cooked it in the microwave and let it sit on a paper towel to drain the grease off of it.
Mix well.  You can make this a day or two ahead of time and keep in the fridge.
Sprinkle a little left over cheese, onions, and bacon on top.
Serve with waffle fries or ridged potato chips.

Loaded Baked Potato Dip Recipe

8 oz sour cream
8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 c thinly sliced green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment