Tuesday, February 26, 2013

No Peek Beef Tips

I found this recipe last week so I bought what I would need at the grocery store over the weekend because I just had to try it.  I have made several other kinds of beef tips and this one was another easy delicious recipe.

It doesn't take much to make these and you might even have these items on hand.
My stew meat pieces were a little bit big so I cut most of them in half before I put them in the 9x11 baking dish.  I sprayed the dish with non stick spray first.
Take one packet of the onion soup mix and sprinkle on top of the meat.
I think next time I might use just half of the mix.  It is a little salty.
Then in a bowl add 1 cup water.
Take the brown gravy mix and add to the water.  I also had mushroom and onion gravy mixes and I think they might be good as well.
Whisk it until it is well mixed.
Add one can of cream of mushroom soup to the gravy mix.

Whisk that together well.
Pour over the meat.
Toss the meat around a little to make sure it is good and coated.
Cover tightly with foil and place in a preheated 300 oven.  Bake for 3 hours.  No peeking.
After 3 hours take the dish out and open one side of the foil.  Don't know if you can see it but there is a lot of steam coming out.
Uncover and stir well.  While the beef tips have been cooking cook noodles, rice or mashed potatoes to go with the beef tips.
I served mine over egg noodles.

No Peek Beef Tips Recipe
2lbs stew meat or beef tips
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet lipton dry onion soup mix
1 cup water


11 comments:

  1. I followed your directions, used 4lbs of meat and increased the items you listed...This turned out GREAT MY KIDS LOVE IT! I just want to say THANKS...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad they enjoyed it. Finding something the kids will eat is half the battle. I hope you find other things on my page that they will enjoy as well. Quick and easy is what I like to share with people.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. I will definitely follow your page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very yummy will definitely make it again and again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would this work in the crock pot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wondwrful. Will try it soon. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete