Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan

Well I know it is Tuesday and I normally do crock pot meals on Mondays. But I don't think you will mind because this is a really good meal!  I actually made this for Valentine's day dinner.  It's a very easy meal and looks like you worked really hard.
One thing to make note of, the recipe called for milk and I didn't have any but did have cream so I used that.   Sometimes you just have to make adjustments with the things you have in your pantry, or in this case the fridge.
Spray your crock pot with non stick spray and pour the spaghetti sauce in the bottom.  I used jar sauce (and I heard about it too) but you could use your own homemade sauce if you have some left over.
In a shallow pan/plate place 1 1/2 cup Italian Panko bread crumbs.  I have plain so that is what I used.
To the crumbs add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
1 teaspoon of Italian seasonings.  The recipe called for 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon dried basil.  Since I didn't have the Italian Panko I used Italian seasonings instead.
Mix that up well.
In another bowl beat 1 egg.
Add 1/2 cup milk.
Mix those well.  Add salt and pepper.
Dip the chicken into the egg mixture.
Then dip in the Panko.  Make sure it is coated well.  On the stove heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet.
Nice and well coated.
You are going to brown the chicken on both sides.  You won't be cooking the chicken.
Getting nice and golden brown on both sides.
Then place in the crock pot in the sauce.  Cover and let cook for around 7 hours.
About 15-20 minutes before you want to eat add some mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken and replace the lid.
The cheese melts really well.  It won't get brown and bubbly but nicely melted.  While the cheese is melting cook the pasta according to the pkg directions.
Place the chicken and sauce on top of the noodles.
Add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese if you like.
The finished product.

Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Recipe
1 25oz jar spaghetti sauce
boneless skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 cup Italian seasoned Panko bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
spaghetti noodles


No comments:

Post a Comment