Monday, February 25, 2013

Paula Deen Black Pepper Shrimp

I spotted this recipe on Pinterest back in the fall and could not wait to try it.  It seems like it would be a good summer recipe but I rushed the season a little bit so I could try it.  So worth rushing!
It doesn't take much.  I wish these had been fresh and not previously frozen shrimp, but they were still very good.
Rinse the shrimp really well and drain well.
Melt one stick of butter.
Add 3 Tablespoons chopped garlic.  You can use fresh and chop it yourself but I bought a jar of minced garlic to have on hand.  I used about 2 Tablespoons.
Melt that together and let sit so the garlic will infuse the butter.
Pour over the shrimp that I put in a bowl.  Toss to coat well.
Make sure they all have butter and garlic on them.
Then spread out on a cookie sheet.  I sprayed the cookies sheet first.  You might not need to with all the butter but I didn't want to take a chance.
Spread them out well.
Now grind black pepper over the shrimp.  Paula says use a heavy hand with the pepper.  Place in a preheated 450 oven for about 5 minutes.
See all the pepper. After the first 5 minutes take out and turn the shrimp and pepper the other side and place back in the oven for about 5 more minutes.
Doesn't this shrimp look good.  Serve with some nice crusty bread so you an soak up the butter and garlic.  A nice green salad is good with it too.  Doesn't that look like summer to you?

Paula Deen's Black Pepper Shrimp
3 lbs fresh shrimped, unpeeled
1 stick of butter
3 tablespoons garlic chopped
4 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper.  (I didn't measure)


2 comments:

  1. Are these peeled and deveined or still with the shell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are still in the shell but split so they can be deveined.

    ReplyDelete