Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spinach Artichoke Chicken

If you like spinach artichoke dip you will love this recipe.  Think of spinach artichoke dip as a meal.  This is a good way to add some spinach into your diet.  They say it is good for you.
It looks like a lot of ingredients but it really isn't that bad.
Start with a thawed 10 oz package of spinach.  Be sure and drain it well.
To make the sauce start with 1/2 cup Greek yogurt.
To that add 1/2 cup mayonnaise.  I used lite.
Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
Place the chicken in a baking dish.  I cut it into strips because the chicken breast I had were large.  I think next time I would even cut it into smaller pieces. Salt and pepper the chicken.  Place in a preheated 375 oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Drain and chop one can of artichoke hearts.
Drain that spinach really well.
Chop up a couple of green onions or shallots. You can add some garlic too if you like.
Mix that all together.  Looks like the dip doesn't it?
Take the chicken out of the oven.
Spread the spinach mixture on top of the chicken.
I sprinkled a little more cheese on top.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes.  Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
I served it over brown rice.  As my husband says it's a keeper.

Spinach Artichoke Chicken Recipe

boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can artichoke hearts
10 oz frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
2 shallots or green onions
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment