Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pork Chops in Honey Mustard Sauce

My Taste of Home Simple & Delicious magazine came in Saturday and I am already putting it to good use.  I had been looking for a new way to make pork chops.  I was getting a little tired of my old way.  I was a little hesitant with the honey mustard sauce but said oh well I will give it a try. I was not disappointed.
I must admit I didn't follow the recipe exactly because I didn't read it carefully enough.  Lucky for me it worked.
Salt,pepper and garlic salt the pork chops on both sides.
Put a little olive oil in a skillet. Heat it up.
Put the chops in the skillet to brown them on both sides.
Turn them and let both sides get brown.
Take the chops up and keep them warm.
Measure out some white wine or chicken broth.  I used chicken broth.
Deglaze the skillet with the broth.  Let it cook down to about half the amount.
This is where I went off the recipe some.  In a bowl, add 1/4 c broth.
1 T honey and 2 T Dijon mustard.
Add 1/2 c heavy whipping cream.
Whisk this together really well.
Pour it back into the skillet and mix it well with the broth in the skillet.
Put the chops back into the sauce and let them cook for a little bit.  They need to be about 145 degrees. I didn't take the temp but I cooked them for a while so I know they were done.
After they have cooked for a while.  Turn them and put sauce on top of the chops.
Plate them. There was enough sauce I put some in a little cup to use as a dipping sauce.  The sauce was very good it was mild but not too sweet or too tangy with the mustard.  I would make this again.

Pork chops in honey mustard sauce

garlic powder, salt and pepper to season the chops
4 boneless pork loin
1 T olive oil
1/2 c white wine or chicken broth
1/4 c chicken broth
2 T Dijon mustard
1 T honey
1/2 c heavy whipping cream




No comments:

Post a Comment