Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fried Snickers Bars

Well you can actually fry any kind of candy bar, I just happened to fry snickers bars.  You can use a large candy bar but I think the little minis that are out in all the stores now work better.  This might be a good use for that left over Halloween candy.  It is also another salute to the Texas State Fair.  I remember when they first fried candy bars and people just couldn't believe it.  Well now that I have actually created this myself I am wondering why it took so long. Try it I think you will like it.
I as in such a hurry when I put these together I forgot to take the picture of the ingredients.  Egg, milk, and self rising flour is all you need.  The first thing you need to do a couple of days or even weeks before you make these is put your candy in the freezer.  Frozen candy is the key to making these work, so you have to plan ahead a little.
You will need 1 c milk.
One egg
A pinch of salt
Whisk together
Add 1 1/2 c self rising flour
Whisk that together.  Cover and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Take the batter out of the fridge and the candy out of the freezer.  Make sure your oil is very hot when you start.  Drop the candy in the batter and cover well.
Drop in the hot oil.  You will get a lot of these little gibblets in the oil.  Just dip those up so they don't burn.
Cook until they are lightly browned.  You can dust with powdered sugar if you like.  The inside is all soft and warm and gooey.  I really think you will like these.  Don't cook too many because you will eat them all in one setting and they aren't too good when they get cold.

Mini Fried Candy Bar Recipe

mini candy bars
1 egg
1 c milk
pinch of salt
1 1/2 c self rising flour

oil for frying.

No comments:

Post a Comment