Thursday, October 18, 2012

Loaded Cauliflower Casserole

I found this recipe on Pinterest and the picture looked so good I knew I needed to try this and soon. I was going to make it last week but the cauliflower didn't look good at the grocery store but this week it did. I will warn you ahead of time this is not a recipe to make when time is a short.  There is a lot of prep work to this recipe.  It is worth it but it does take a while.  I bet the kids would even like this dish.  Just don't tell them what it is.

The cauliflower, bacon and green onions all have to be chopped so get ready.
Add 8 oz cream cheese that has been softened to a bowl.  Then add about 6 oz of sharp cheddar cheese.  I didn't measure this.
Then add 6 oz of Monterey Jack cheese
4 T of heavy cream goes in next.
I ended up using a mixer to make sure it got mixed well.
Chop up the head of cauliflower into smaller florets.
You are to cook them so I used my steamer to steam them for about 15 minutes.  It worked really well.
Now to chop 1 1/2 c green onions.  I really think you can get by with less onions.  That is a lot of chopping.
Pour those in.
Chop the 5 pieces of bacon.
Then grate one clove of garlic.
Mix that together well before adding the cauliflower.
Let any water drip off the cauliflower before adding.
Add the cauliflower and mix.  You can slightly mash the cauliflower.
Pour it into a sprayed casserole dish.
Add the additional 2 oz of cheddar cheese.
The add the additional 2 oz of Monterey Jack cheese.
Cover with foil and put in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for about 25 minutes.
After the 25 minutes uncover and put back into the oven.  Cook until the cheese is bubbly.  I turned the oven up to broil during this time.
It might could have stayed a few more minutes but it sure was good. This is really good reheated and left over.
The perfect meal.

Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Recipe

2 lb cauliflower florets
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
8oz block cream cheese softened
4 T heavy cream
2 bunches green onions sliced 1 1/2 c
6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
1 clove garlic grated
salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment