Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fried Oreos

Yes I said fried oreos.  I meant to do these earlier in honor of the Texas State Fair.  Everyone has heard of the Texas State Fair and how they batter and fry everything that doesn't move.  They have fried butter and even sweet tea.  I would like to visit the fair one day but until I do I will share a couple of things you might find at the state fair in the next couple weeks.  The state fair runs from September 28- October 21 so you still have time to make it out there.
These are very easy to make.  I bet you have the things you need in your pantry right now.
Add a 1/2 c pancake mix.
1/3 c milk
one egg
1 teaspoon oil
Mix well.
Cover and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.  I put mine in right before we ate dinner so it would be ready after dinner.
After sitting for 30 minutes.
Drop the oreos in the batter.  Turn them around and let them get coated well.
Carefully lift them out of the batter and drop in the hot oil.  Make sure your oil is hot.  You will get a lot of the little beads in the oil too.
You will turn them a couple of times to both sides will brown.  Take them up and drain on a paper towel.  Dust with powdered sugar.
The recipe will do 12 oreos but I only did 6.  We didn't need to eat 12 oreos last night. Be sure to eat while hot.
The inside.  I used the Halloween oreos.  I have heard the mint ones are very good.

Deep Fried Oreos Recipe
1/2 c pancake mix
1/3c milk
1 egg
1 t oil

oil for frying.

No comments:

Post a Comment