Friday, October 12, 2012

Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels

The other Saturday for our gameday treats I made these pinwheels and they were a hit.  It didn't hurt that we won the game too. You can change up some of the ingredients to toppings that your family prefers if you don't like my toppings.
Very simple ingredents.
I like using the mini pepperonis because they are easier to chop.  I ended up using my ulu because it was cutting them better than my knife.
Next finely chop some green pepper.  If you don't like green pepper you can swap out green onions, mushrooms, olives.  The choices are endless.
I put a little flour down on the countertop before unrolling the cresent rolls.  I'm not sure it helped any.
I wanted to make sure the perferations were put together really well so I used the rolling pin.
Sprinkle some of the pepperoni on the rolls.
Then sprinkle some green pepper.
I put a little mozzarella cheese on next.
Then a little Parmesan cheese.
Then start on the short end and start rolling the cresent up.
This is what it will look like when it is rolled all the way up.
Then slice them and put them on a sprayed cookie sheet.
All of them finished and ready for the oven.  Place in a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for about 15 minutes.  Check them after 13 minutes to make sure the bottoms are not getting too brown.
The finished baked pinwheels.  You can serve with warmed pizza sauce if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment