Monday, October 1, 2012

Meatballs and Creamy Rice Skillet Supper

This was our second night in the Survivor What's for Dinner game.  It's one way for the family to have a say in what's for dinner.  This was a Betty Crocker recipe that is super easy.  Very low prep time.
Premade meatballs, carrots, rice and soup.  That is all you need.
Put 3/4 c uncooked regular rice into a pot.  The recipe calls for a skillet but I like to use a pot because I have lids for them and it won't slosh out the sides.
Then add 2 cups water.
Add a can of cream of mushroom soup.  The recipe calls for cream of celery soup but I like cream of mushroom better.
Mix well.  Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium low.  Cover; cook for 5 minutes.
This is the only thing that takes any time.  I cut the baby carrots in half.  The recipe calls for 1 1/2 c but I didn't measure them  I like lots of carrots.
Put the carrots in the pot with the rice.  I learned something that I would do different next time.  I would put the carrots in with the orginal rice and soup.  They needed just another minute or two to cook.
Then put 12 oz of frozen cooked meatballs that you have thawed.  It says Italian style by mine were original.  Use whatever kind you have or like.
Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking,  until rice and carrots are tender and meatballs are hot.  Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper.
That is it!  It couldn't be any easier.


Meatballs and Creamy Rice Skillet Supper Recipe

3/4 c uncooked regular long grain white rice
1 can cream of celery/mushroom soup
2 c water
1 1/2 c ready to eat baby cut carrots, cut in half lengthwise
1 12 oz bag frozen cooked Italian/regular style meatballs, thawed
Chopped fresh parsley.  Salt and pepper to taste.


1 comment:

  1. After long day at work and no time for messing around had everything at the house to make, I only had cream of chicken soup and bag of frozen turkey meatballs, Sprinkled a handful shredder cheddar for my son and was a hit!! Easy as can be and very tasty for such a quick

    ReplyDelete