Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sugar Snap Peas with Buttered Pecans

I have been looking for a recipe for sugar snap peas for a while.  Then I found this one and had to try it.  I know a lot of people are not fans of sugar snap peas or snow peas.  I usually call them snow peas.
Very, very simple recipe.  Only three ingredients.  Can't beat that.
In a large skillet brown 1/2 c chopped pecans in 1/4 c butter.
Add 3 boxes of thawed snow peas.  I only used two boxes.  That was plenty for us.  Next time I think I will steam the peas to get them hot and then just toss in the pecans right before time to eat.  I let these cook a little bit too long.  Not that they were bad but they didn't have a crunch to them.
Toss them well.  Cook until heated.
Then serve.  They made a nice addition to my cornish game hen dinner.

Sugar Snap Peas with buttered pecans recipe

1/4 c butter
1/2 c chopped pecans
3 boxes frozen sugar snap peas thawed


No comments:

Post a Comment