Saturday, June 16, 2012

Waffles

Today I wanted to make waffles to try out some of my new syrup that I found.  This is a simple recipe in fact I halved the recipe because I didn't need to make many waffles.
A few simple ingredients, milk, egg, butter and self rising flour.  I decided to use the self rising flour so I didn't have to add salt and baking powder.  You can use either.
It wanted the egg separated.  This is how I separate mine.  Make a small crack in the top.
Carefully pull out the shell to make an opening.
Let the white fall into a bowl.
It takes a minute or two.
Then drop the yolk in another bowl.
I beat the egg yolk
Added one cup of milk to the yolk.
Then add the milk mixture to the one cup of flour.
I whisk that together.
Add 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and mix.
Whisk the egg white until a little stiff.
Then fold the egg white into the batter.
Pour into a heated waffle iron.
Completed waffle with my new blackberry syrup.  I just wish I had a little whipped cream on top.
Half the recipe made three full waffles.

Plain Waffles Recipe (whole recipe)

2 c flour (plain)
2 c milk
2 eggs separated
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 tablespoon melted butter

Sift flour, salt and baking powder into bowl.  Beat yolks well and add milk and beat, adding this to the flour, slowly beating until smooth.  Then add melted butter and fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
Pour into heated waffle iron.

If you use self rising flour then do not add the salt and baking powder.



No comments:

Post a Comment