Monday, June 25, 2012

Sour Cream and Bacon Crockpot Chicken

It's Crockpot Monday!  I decided last week that I would try and do a crockpot meal on Mondays and post it.  There is nothing better than walking through the door from a long day at work and smelling dinner cooking. So here is the second installment of Crockpot Monday.
This one can be made with things you probably have on hand.  Boneless, skinless chicken breast, bacon, mushroom soup, sour cream and a little flour.
I have one can of roasted garlic cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 c of sour cream.  I have also made this with regular cream of mushroom soup and it was fine.  In fact I think I like the regular mushroom soup better.  As always I use healthy request soup.  This is also lite sour cream.
Add 1/4 c four to the mix.  I just eye balled this measurement.
It was a little bit too thick to continue with the whisk so I switched over to the spoon.  Just make sure there are no lumps of flour.  Big mouthful of flour not good.
It is easier and less time consuming if you use the chicken tenders that have already been cut.  I had whole chicken breast and had to split them.
Wrap each piece of chicken with a piece of bacon.  No need to put a toothpick in it, the bacon will stay.
When you have all the chicken wrapped and put in the bottom of the crockpot, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.  I had three chicken breast so I had 6 pieces of chicken.
Pour/spread the soup mixture on top of the chicken.  This mixture is thick so it is more of a spread on top.  Make sure to cover all the pieces of chicken. If I had thought about it first I would have put a little bit on the bottom of the pan.  Cover and set in the fridge until the next morning.  I always fix the crockpot the night before and put the center part in the fridge.  Then the next morning all you have to do it take it out of the fridge and turn it on.
 This is after a day of cooking.
I served the chicken with some wild rice and fresh peas and corn from the garden.

Sour Cream and Bacon Crockpot Chicken Recipe
8 bacon slices
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 10 oz cans roasted  garlic cream of mushroom soup ( can use regular cream of mushroom soup)
1 c sour cream
1/2 c flour
salt and pepper to taste

Wrap one slice of bacon around each boneless chicken breast and place in the bottom of a crockpot.
In a medium bowl, combine the soups, sour cream and flour and mix to blend.  Pour over chicken.
Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken and bacon are thoroughly cooked.  You can remove the chicken and beat the sauce with a whisk so that it is well blended.
Pour sauce over chicken. Serve over rice or wide egg noodles.

I used half the recipe when I made it and there was enough sauce to cover the chicken.

What will we have next week for Crockpot Mondays?  Tune in and find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment