Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Paula Deen Mountain Dew Pound Cake

A couple of years ago Paula published this recipe in one of her summer magazines.  I tried it and it is so easy to make I thought I would share it with you as well.
Lemon cake mix, lemon pudding, oil, eggs and Mountain Dew.  Doesn't get any better or easier than that.  I used Diet MD and it doesn't change the taste at all.  You can use sugar free pudding too but I couldn't find it this time.
Dump the cake mix and pudding mix into a bowl.
When I broke the first egg into a bowl it was a double yolk so yeah me.
You need 4 eggs lightly beaten and 3/4 c oil.  Add this to the cake mix and pudding.
Beat until well mixed.
Add the 12 oz of Mountain Dew and mix well.
Spray a bundt pan with non stick spray.
Pour the cake mixture evenly around the pan.  Then put in a preheated 325 degree oven.
The final results when it comes out of the oven.  Let sit for just a couple of minutes before you turn it onto a plate.
Turn over onto a plate and cross your fingers that it will come out clean.  You might need to run a butter knife around the sides of the pan to loosen it.
Okay to prove that this is real food for real people and that everything does not turn out perfectly every time and that the world does not end if it doesn't.  My cake stuck on the bottom.  Next time I will grease and flour the pan instead of spraying it.
I turned it over and tried to clean it up a little bit.  The bottom line is that it still taste good and my family did not even notice that it wasn't perfect.  They really don't care they just want to eat something good and I am sure your family feels the same way.  Don't sweat the small stuff.

Paula Deen Mountain Dew Pound Cake Recipe

1 lemon cake mix
1 box lemon instant pudding mix
1 (12oz) can/bottle of Mountain dew
3/4 c oil
4 large eggs
Preheat oven to 325.  Lightly grease and flour a 10 cup Bundt cake pan.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix.  Add soda, oil and eggs.  Beat until smooth.  Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 45-50 minutes.  Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.  Remove from pan and let cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment