Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cinnamon Apple Toast


I cleaned out my pantry yesterday and ran across some jars of applesauce that my mother had canned.  This brought back memories of apple toast that she use to make me for breakfast when I was younger. So this morning I decided that I would relive those childhood memories by making me a piece for breakfast.  That is the wonderful thing about food it reminds us of childhood memories or even of special people or events from our past.  So today let's be kids again and enjoy some apple toast.
All it takes to make this toast is some applesauce, butter, cinnamon and sugar and bread.  You can use store bought applesauce and it will still be the same I just happen to have some home made.
I spread a layer or applesauce on my bread.
Sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on top.  This is a jar of premixed but you can add your own.
I chose to use spray butter on top of mine but you can put a pat of butter on top as well.

The finished product.  Just as I remembered.  Hope you and your family will enjoy some soon as well.
I thought I would share with you some pictures of what I get to watch outside my kitchen window while I am cooking.  This is my little friend and my husband's mortal enemy. I call him Chip.  Dale is somewhere around.
Here are a few of my birds.  They were really flying around this morning while I was in the kitchen.  I enjoy all my birds at the feeders.

No comments:

Post a Comment