Saturday, June 9, 2012

Swedish Meatballs with Noodles

I found this recipe I think in one of the Women's World magazines you find at the checkout.  It was in their quick and easy section.  You probably realize that a lot of the recipes I have shared with you are very quick and easy recipes that helps you get dinner on the table really quickly on those busy nights.  This is another of those recipes.  I keep the ingredients on hand and those nights when time is short I pull them out and I can have dinner on the table really quickly.
Frozen meatballs, jar of gravy, sour cream and noodles.  That's it.  I like the meatballs because there are several things I can do with them.  I can make meatball subs, spaghetti and meatballs and Swedish meatballs.  So I keep a bag of them in the freezer.  They make homestyle and Italian but I keep the homestyle.   The gravy is the same type as I used on the open faced roast beef sandwiches.  This time I used brown gravy with onions, but you could use either one.
Mix the gravy with 1/2 c sour cream.  It's easier to do this before you add the meatballs.
Once the gravy is nice and smooth you can add the meatballs.
The meatballs are added and heat until they are warm through.  While this is heating up start boiling you water for the noodles.  Fix the noodles according to package instructions.
Once the noodles are cooked and drained add the meatballs and sauce.  The recipe calls for nutmeg and that is probably what makes them Swedish, but I don't add that.  It just sounds strange to me.  But you are welcome to try it in there if you like.

Swedish Meatballs with Noodles Recipe

1 jar brown gravy
1/2 c sour cream
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
12 frozen meatballs, thawed
8 oz egg noodles cooked
Heat 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; add gravy, sour cream, worcestershire sauce and nutmeg.  Bring to a boil.  Add meatballs.  Cover; cook, stirring, until heated through 10-15 minutes.  Serve over noodles.  If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment