Thursday, September 17, 2015

Championship Crimson Crunch

Okay it was a Homegating weekend last weekend.  I just learned that term today.  Tailgating at home.  If you are like me you love the energy of being in the stadium on gameday but like staying home more. What is not to like.  You don't have to deal with traffic, crowds, restroom lines and high prices at the concession stand.  So we decided to have a homegate party.  I made this great sweet and salty mix to snack on.  The beauty of this mix is you can tailor make it for your own team.
I love all the red and white things I found. 
 Yes I picked out the elephants from animal crackers.
 I made two recipes of my popcorn.  You can find the recipe here. It's great pop corn. Layer it in cookie sheets with wax paper in the bottom.
 Now I have sprinkled the elephant cookies around.
 I then sprinkled the red and white M&M's.  I found a bag of the red, white and blue M&M's and picked out the blue.
 I then put some red candy melts in a zip lock bag and melted them 30 seconds at a time in the microwave.
 Until they are all melted.  Snip the corner and start drizzling.
 I drizzled the red back and forth.
 Now melt the white ones the same way.
 I drizzled it up and down.
Then I had some red and white sprinkles with little footballs and sprinkled that across the top.

There you have it.  Easy to change to whatever your team colors are.

No comments:

Post a Comment