Thursday, September 10, 2015

Pineapple Chicken Kabobs

Well I have pulled a good one twice now.  We have been trying some different grilled chicken kabobs lately.  It seems that both times I have planned them, it has rained.  Not just a few little sprinkles, no monsoon rains.  Our grill is a little covered on the patio but getting to it is not.  I really need to check the weather before I schedule a grilling night.  These were pretty good kabobs too.  
I think I like grilling the kabobs better than whole chicken breast because it is easier to make sure you get the meat fully cooked.  Then all the added veggies are good too. 
This is the makings for the sauce.  I made the sauce early this morning because I thought I would need to marinate the chicken all day. Turns out I didn't need to.
Start with 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice.  I didn't have plain pineapple juice I had guava pineapple.  So it was tropical I used it.
1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons soy sauce (use the reduced sodium kind)
Whisk well and bring to a boil.
Once it starts to boil reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes.  Set aside until ready to use.  I reheated it when I used it later in the day and it was fine.
Now to assemble the kabobs. 2 chicken breast cut into pieces, pineapple chunks, onion and bell pepper
Just thread them onto the the skewer in whatever order you like.
I have decided I really like grilled pineapple.
I put some of the sauce in a cup.
Brushed it on the kabobs.
The are ready for the grill.
Camera fogged up because it was raining outside.
Put them on the grill.
Turn them after a few minutes.
Baste them a little more.
Then take up.
We paired it with some roasted corn and grilled romaine lettuce.  Makes for a really good meal.

Pineapple Chicken Kabobs Recipe
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
pineapple chunks
bell pepper
onion

Hawaiian Sauce
1 1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt

skewers

No comments:

Post a Comment