Monday, September 14, 2015

Football S'mores Snickers Brownie Batter Dip

You can thank my husband for this recipe.  I asked him to choose between two things for our Homegate.  He picked this one.  It was a hit. 
It is not complete in this picture.  It needed the graham crackers around it.  Now I didn't decorate the crackers like they did from the recipe but I don't think anyone noticed.  You were suppose to make goal post on the crackers with the white icing.  But I thought it needed to be done at the last minute and I didn't have time. 
 This recipe has snickers in it so it can't be bad.
 Start with a 19.25 oz brownie mix.  Mine was a little less than that and worked.
 3/4 cup softened butter.  The softer the better.  Makes cutting in it easier.
 I used my pastry cutter.
 2 oz heavy cream
 1/3 cup marshmallow fluff.  This stuff is sticky.
 Then chop up most of a bag of mini snickers bars.
 Chop chop chop
 Then mix the snickers to the brownie mix.  I decided it was easier to mix it with my hands.
 Now shape it into a football.  You will find out why the wax paper is there.
 Take 3 oz heavy cream and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.  You can use either milk or semi sweet.
 Place in a microwave dish and microwave for 30 seconds at a time.
 Stir well.  Microwave again if needed.  I probably should have because there were a few pieces of chips that didn't melt.
 Then pour the chocolate over the top of the football.  Now you know why the wax paper is there.  To catch the run off.
 Make sure the whole thing is covered.
 I pulled out this little tool that I have had for a while to decorate the football.  It didn't work as well as I had hoped.
Now you could melt white chips to decorate or use vanilla icing.  I used canned vanilla icing.  Then add graham crackers around the football and you are ready.

Football Dip
1 pkg brownie mix
3/4 cup softened butter
2 ox heavy cream
1/3 cup marshmallow fluff
1 pkg miniature Snickers bars

Topping
3 oz heavy cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips

No comments:

Post a Comment