Thursday, September 24, 2015

Roasted Cabbage and Onions

I know I have shared a lot of cabbage lately but it is just so good.  I really have come to love cabbage.  I use to only cook cabbage about once a year around St Patrick's Day but now I make it a lot.  It is cheap, and you can find it year round so it is the perfect vegetable to serve.
This was a hearty meal that is the ultimate in comfort food too.
Onions and cabbage perfect
Chop your cabagge
Chop the onions
Drizzle with olive oil
Then layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.  I probably should have used two sheets.
Salt
Pepper.  Place in a preheated 450 oven for 30-35 minutes.  Shake the pan every so often.
Now for the sauce that goes on top.
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Whisk it really well.  After it sits for a few minutes you might wan to whisk again before pouring over the cabbage.
There would be more of the nice brown roasted edges had I put it in thinner layers.
I put it back in the bowl.
Poured the sauce over it.
Toss to coat
And enjoy.

Roasted Cabbage and Onions Recipe

chop head of cabbage
2 large onions
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
Place in a preheated 450 oven cook for 30-35 minutes

Sauce
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment