Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Tailgate Chili Dog Cheese Sauce

While thinking about my chili dogs I had to find a nice sloppy cheese sauce to go on top.  Normally I just put shredded cheese on top but we wanted to take these chili dogs up a notch. This cheese did it.
 Very simple ingredients.
 Start with 1 cup heavy cream
 4 oz cream cheese
 1 teaspoon onion powder.  You can also put 1 teaspoon garlic powder but I didn't this time
 1 teaspoon dried parsley.  Whisk this all together.  Let this simmer on the stove until the cream cheese is melted.
 Grate 1 1/2 cups or so.  You know I always like more cheese.  I used a Colby Cheddar mix.  Use whatever kind you like or have on hand.
 Whisk away.
 Now add the cheese and whisk some more.
 The shredded cheese is now melted.
I transfered it to a small crock pot to keep it warm.  This cheese sauce would be good on tacos, taco salad, chili cheese fries, chili cheese dogs. You name it.

Tailgate Chili Dog Cheese Sauce Recipe

1 cup heavy cream
4 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment