Friday, September 11, 2015

Fresh Cherry Pound Cake

I know you are thinking cherries again.  Well yes. It is cherry season so I am taking advantage of them being fresh.  I think my cherries were to juicy and added too much liquid to my cake.
It didn't come out looking all that pretty but it tasted good.
This is a typical pound cake recipe but with cherries.
Start with 2 sticks softened butter
1 2/3 cup sugar
5 eggs
Cream the sugar and butter well and then add the eggs one at a time mixing well between.
Add 2 cups cake flour
Remove 1 Tablespoon and set it aside.
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cherries.  I pitted the cherries and them put them in the food processor because I got tired of chopping.  That might have been a mistake.
Now that 1 Tablespoons of cake flour add that to the cherries.  The idea is that the flour will keep the cherries from sinking to the bottom but it didn't work in my case.
Mix the flour well.
Now add to the batter.
Pour into a 9x5 loaf pan that has been greased and floured. Put in a 325 preheated oven.  Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes.  Check after 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
Then enjoy.

Fresh Cherry Pound Cake Recipe

2 sticks softened butter
1 2/3 cup sugar
5 eggs
2 cups cake flour take 1 Tablespoon out
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cherries

Preheat oven 325.  Bake for 1 1/4- 1 1/2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment