Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Beef and Pepper Skillet

Well I started out the day wanting to make stuffed peppers but couldn't find a recipe I liked or one that I had everything I needed that I liked.  So I dropped back and to use a football term, I punted.  So I did the next best thing and found a recipe that had ground beef, rice, and peppers in it.  This is what I came up with. It wasn't bad. 
Every now and then I like using these bowl plates instead of regular plates for dinner.
The recipe called for brown rice but if you only have white I'm sure it would be fine.
Chop an onion
Slice one green pepper and one colored pepper.  I had orange.
After you have sauteed the ground beef and onions add one can rotel tomatoes.
1 can beef broth
The peppers
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon chili powder
Mix well. Bring to a boil.
Add 2 cups instant brown rice.
Stir well and reduce heat; simmer, covered 8-10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
Then right before eating add shredded cheese on top.  Let stand until cheese is melted.
Then dish up.

Beef and Pepper Skillet Recipe

1 lb ground beef
1 can rotel tomatoes undrained
1 can beef broth
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups instant brown rice
1 medium colored pepper
1 medium green pepper
1 cup shredded cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment