Thursday, January 22, 2015

Perfect Popcorn Everytime

I know you are thinking popcorn?  I found this recipe the other day and thought I would give it a try out of curiosity. It was the best popcorn I have ever had.  I know they have tried to make it easy with the microwave popcorn but have you looked at the ingredients on those things?  Also it leaves a film in the roof of my mouth that I don't like. So pull out your pot and give this a try.  You will never make microwave popcorn again. Trust me.

I can smell it now.  You can also add melted butter if you like but I don't think you will need it.
 I used coconut oil but if you don't have that you can use canola or peanut or whatever you have.
 Go ahead and measure out 1/3 cup of corn and set aside.
 Add 3 Tablespoons of oil to the pot.
 Add about 3 kernels of popcorn to the oil.
 Melt and heat the oil on medium high heat.
 After the oil melts and starts to heat..
 Add some salt to the oil and you won't have to salt the popcorn after it is popped and it will be evenly salted.
 Cover the pot and let it heat until those three kernels pop.
 Add the 1/3 cup of corn to the pot and swirl it around in the oil.
 Cover and remove from the heat for 30 seconds.  You can out out loud.  This allows the kernels to all get warm at the same time so they pop about the same time. You will have fewer kernels not pop.
 After the 30 second put back on the eye and rotate the pan on the eye.
 The kernels begin to pop.  You can crack the kid to let some of the steam out to the kernels will be fluffier.
 They have almost stopped popping.
 Then remove from the heat and uncover.
Pour into a bowl and enjoy.  It doesn't take much longer than microwave and much better for you. And only a couple of kernels that did not pop.

Perfect Popcorn Everytime Recipe

3 Tablespoon oil
1/3 cup pop corn

No comments:

Post a Comment