Monday, January 26, 2015

Rocky Road Cookies

I was hoping these cookies would be like the Mississippi Mud cookies I made back in the summer.  Those cookies were so good but so time consuming.  These are not the same but they are still good.  They do taste a lot like rocky road fudge.

A plateful of fudgy goodness.

 It uses both cocoa and chocolate chips, but no flour.
 Start with 3 cups powdered sugar.
 2/3 cup cocoa
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 2 cup semisweet chocolate chip.  Now let me offer a suggestion here.  The recipe said to put the chips in last and I didn't see that part in time so do as I say and not as I do.  Wait and put them in at the end and it will be much easier to mix.
 1 Tablespoon vanilla
 3 egg whites
 Chopped pecans. The recipe called for 2.5 oz of almonds. I used pecans instead.
 Mix them well.  I kept looking at the recipe because I thought there wasn't enough liquid but it was right.
 Scoop the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
 Add a couple of mini marshmallows on top. Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes to firm up before you place them in the oven.  This keeps them from spreading as much. Then place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 12-13 minutes.
 Remove from the oven and let sit for a few minutes on the cookie sheet.
 I like the toasted look of the marshmallows.
Enjoy the fudgy goodness.

Rocky Road Cookies Recipe

3 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 egg whites
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
pecans
mini marshmallows

Place in freezer for about 5 minutes.  Then place in a preheated 350 oven for 12-13 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment