Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Toast the Right Way

I was given some wonderful cinnamon, I will show you that in a few minutes, I have been wanting to make cinnamon toast for a few days now.  I seemed to remember the Pioneer Woman making it one day on the show, so I went and looked it up.  We've all made cinnamon toast before bread, butter, cinnamon, and sugar.  But this was so much better.  You have got to try it soon.
 This was perfect on a cold winter's day.
Vanilla flavoring was the special ingredient in this cinnamon toast.
This is my new cinnamon.  It smells so good.  It is very strong too.  The label says to use 2/3 of what the recipe calls for.
I mixed this in a plastic container so I could save it for tomorrow.  I made just a small portion of the original recipe.  I will give you the full recipe at the end.  I started with 6 Tablespoons of softened butter.
3 Tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of the wonderful cinnamon
A little less than 1 teaspoon of vanilla.  The PW used Mexican vanilla.  I need to check that out.  She says it is wonderful.
Smoosh, yes that is a word, all of it together.  I found a fork did work well.  Mine is not as dark as hers because I used less cinnamon.
Now spread it over the bread.  Be sure and go to the edges.
I just baked two pieces and I have enough for another day.  Place in a preheated 350 oven for 10 minutes.
Doesn't that look yummy?

Cinnamon Toast Recipe

bread
2 sticks softened butter
1 cup sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment