Monday, June 30, 2014

The Best Ever Spinach Artichoke Dip

Now whether it is the best or not is up to you, I didn't come up with the name for this recipe.  I will say it is pretty good and easy to put together so I will probably make this again when I need an appetizer.
This recipe uses fresh spinach but I bet you could also use frozen if you thawed it and drained it well.
Chop about a cup of artichoke hearts.
Coarsely chop 1 cup fresh spinach leaves.  I made sure I took off the long stems.
1/2 cup chopped onion.  The recipe also called for 3 cloves of garlic minced.  I didn't add that.
1/2 cup sour cream
4 oz softened cream cheese.
2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.  I used the green canned version for this.
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.  You are going to need more for the top later.
Mix well.
Place in a baking dish.  I covered and put it in the fridge to bake the next day.  I haven't put the extra cheese on top yet.
When I was ready to bake it I put the extra cheese on top.  Preheat oven to 400.  Bake for about 30 minutes.
It got nice and bubbly.
Serve with taco chips, thinly sliced bread, and even veggies if you like.


Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe

1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
1 cup chopped fresh spinach 
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sour cream
4 oz softened cream cheese
2 Tablespoons milk
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and extra for the top
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 400.  Bake 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment