Monday, June 16, 2014

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Muffins

I know I have used strawberries in a lot of recipes this spring but they have been so good I can't help myself.  These muffins are so good and the chocolate really makes them good.
These are a very basic muffin recipe.
Start by melting 4 Tablespoons butter so it will have time to cool before you use it.
In a bowl add 2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
Beaten well
1 cup sugar
Pour the butter in the flour mixture
1 1/4 cup sour cream.  I used light
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips.  I used mini chips.  I really think mil chocolate might be better.
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries.
I used paper liners in the muffin tin.  You can spray the pan and not use the liners.
I filled up one big pan and a partial small pan. Preheat the oven to 425.  Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes at 425, then reduce the oven temp to 350 and bake for 20-22 minutes.
While the muffins are baking, measure out 1/2 Tablespoon butter
3 Tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips.  Here I would use milk chocolate the next time.
Take the muffins out of the oven.  Let cook for 5 minutes in the pan. Then remove.
Melt the butter and chocolate.
It was not thin enough for me so I added a little bit of milk to thin it out.
Now it is more drizzable. (not sure that is a word).
Drizzle the tops of the muffins with the chocolate and let it set up.

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Muffin Recipe

2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup sugar
4 Tablespoon butter melted
1 1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped strawberries
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 425.  Bake for 5 minutes then reduce the temp to 350 and bake for 20-22 minutes.

Chocolate Drizzle
3 Tablespoons chocolate chips
1/2 Tablespoon butter





















No comments:

Post a Comment