Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Best & Easiest Chocolate Frosting

I needed a chocolate frosting for the center of my sunflower cupcakes and saw this recipe and I wanted to take the challenge.  Any recipe that says it is the easiest and best I have to try.  I could have made half the recipe for what I was making but if you are going to completely ice cupcakes or a cake a full recipe would work.
Looks pretty easy confectioner's sugar, cocoa, butter and a little milk.
Start with two sticks softened butter.
Beat it until it is fluffy.
1/2 cocoa
I sifted the cocoa because it had lumps.
Looks much better now.
Now add 5 cups confectioner's sugar one at a time.  Mix well between cups.
Be careful to not let the sugar go flying all over the kitchen.
It starts getting thicker and thicker.
After the last cup add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Measure out 3-4 Tablespoons milk
Add a little at a time mixing between each addition.  I think I only used about 3 Tablespoons.
It is nice and smooth and read to use.  Check out the other icing recipe tomorrow to see how I used this great chocolate icing.

Best and Easiest Chocolate Frosting Recipe

1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
5 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-4 Tablespoons milk














No comments:

Post a Comment