Thursday, June 12, 2014

Miss Kay's Squash Casserole

In honor of going to see the Women of Duck Commander tonight I had to share this Miss Kay recipe. I was going to make a different squash casserole but then I thought I need to look in my Miss Kay's cookbook for one. It was very different but very easy.
Sorry but I got busy in the kitchen and forgot to take a picture of the ingredients.
Slice 7 medium yellow squash in half lengthwise and then slice in 1/2 inch thick slices.
In a large pot boil some water.  Put the squash in the boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes.
Drain well.
In a skillet melt 3/4 stick butter (recipe calls for this but I used much less) and sauté one chopped onion. The recipe also calls for a bell pepper but I did not have one today.
Add 1 can cream style corn to the squash.
Add 1 egg
Place one sleeve of butter flavored crackers in a zip lock bag.
Using a rolling pin crush the crackers.
Add the onions.
Mix well.
Pour into a sprayed baking dish.
Sprinkle the crackers on top.  Place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for 1 hour.
The corn gives it a little sweet taste.  It is very good but not like other squash casseroles.
Enjoy

Miss Kay's Squash Casserole

3/4 stick butter
7 medium yellow squash
1 medium onion chopped
1 medium bell pepper
1 can cream style corn
1 egg
salt and pepper
1 sleeve butter flavored crackers

Preheat oven 350.  Bake for 1 hour.














No comments:

Post a Comment