Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Taco Stuffed Shells

I have had this recipe in my food to make folder for a very long time. I would think of making it and wouldn't have the large shells.  So finally one day I bought the shells to have on hand so I could make it  when I was ready.
I made homemade taco seasoning and homemade enchilada sauce to go with this recipe.  You can find their recipes from earlier this week.
Start out by sautéing some onions in olive oil.
Add the ground beef and brown.  After it is browned drain the grease off.
I moved to a bigger pot.  I added the taco seasoning.  The recipe didn't say anything about adding water but I did.  When you use the packaged stuff it calls for water.  It helped smooth out the seasoning.
Stir well and let cook down a little.  Then add the drained black beans to the pot.
The recipe did not call of adding some of the sauce on bottom but I thought it would help some.  I had plenty so I spread a little on the bottom.
I cooked the shells per package directions.  I did not cook them the entire amount of time.  Then drain and rinse with cold water.
Take a shell and then…
Fill with some of the mixture.
Squeeze them into the 9x13 baking dish.
Then top with the enchilada sauce.  Covering them well.
Grate about 2 cups cheese.  You can use any kind of cheese you like.
Cover the top with cheese.  Then place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted really well.
Fresh from the oven with all the good melted cheese.
They were good and spicy.  You can top with sour cream if you like.

Taco Stuffed Shells Recipe

1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
1 1/2 lb ground beef
2 cups black beans
2 cups pinto beans ( I did not use)
1 recipe or pkg taco seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
12 oz jumbo shells
1 recipe or 2 cups red enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheese
3-4 whole green onions chopped for garnish

Preheat to 350.  Bake for 30 minutes.













No comments:

Post a Comment