Thursday, June 26, 2014

Roasted Cabbage

I know that cabbage is one of those vegetables that people either love or hate.  I love it but don't always enjoy boiling it because it really smells bad.  I had been craving some cabbage and wanted to try this new recipe.  It couldn't be easier and no smell! It was a winner with the family.  They do not like cabbage as well as I do either.  Give it a try some time.  I think you will enjoy it.
It doesn't take much to make this recipe.  You can get as large a head of cabbage as you will eat.
Pour up some olive oil in a cup.
Brush the bottom of a cookie sheet with olive oil. ( I am going to try the recipe for cleaning cookie sheets soon that has been making the rounds of Pinterest and Facebook.)
Slice cabbage "steaks". Or at least that is what I call them.
Place them on the cookie sheet. I know I got one a little thick.  That is what happens when you are afraid you will cut your finger if you get any closer.
Brush the tops with olive oil.
Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.  The fresh cracked pepper gives it a nice bite. Place in a preheated 400 oven.  Bake 40-45 minutes
Fresh from the oven.  This was a nice addition to the meal.  Give them a try.

Roasted Cabbage Recipe

1 head cabbage
olive oil
salt and pepper
Preheat oven 400.  Bake for 40-45 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment