Friday, June 6, 2014

Loaded Baked Potato Salad

A couple of weeks ago I had lunch at Victoria's in town.  I had their version of potato salad.  It was different.  It tasted like a loaded baked potato. So like I do a lot these days I went to Pinterest to see if I could recreate the recipe.  I came pretty close.  Even if it wasn't the same it was good and a keeper.
Looks like you are going to make some loaded baked potatoes.
Start out with 8-10 potatoes.  Wash them and place them on a foil liked cookie sheet.
Poke some holes in the potatoes with a fork.
Brush each with some oil.  I used olive oil.
Then sprinkle them with sea salt. Place in a preheated 400 oven.  Bake for about an hour.  Turning them a couple of times.
While they are baking, you can get the bacon ready.  I like to cook mine in the oven.  Place on a foil lined cookie sheet.  Place in a cold oven and set the temp to 375 and bake for 20 minutes.
When the potatoes are done, let them cool for a little bit before cutting them.
The cut the potatoes in bite sized chunks.
All the potatoes are cut.
Take one stick of softened butter.
Whip it a little.
Add 1 cup sour cream
Whip together.
1/2 cup mayo
1 cup grated cheese
Chop up the bacon.  I kept out one strip for the top.
Mix all this together.
Add on top of the potatoes. Stir well.
Chop up some green onions.  My mother does not like green onions so I put a few on top ad then the rest in a bowl so people could add them if they wanted to.   I guess I just got busy and forgot to take a picture of the finished  bowl.  Add some cheese, bacon and green onions in the middle on top for garnish.
I did go back and take a picture of the potato salad.  I really liked this one because it had a different taste than the traditional potato salad with pickles and eggs.

Loaded Baked Potato Salad Recipe

8-10 potatoes baked
1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
1 stick butter softened
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1 cup grated cheese
4-6 green onions sliced thin
oil for brushing on potatoes
salt and pepper















No comments:

Post a Comment