Tuesday, July 1, 2014

No Bake Strawberry Banana Pudding Twinkies Cake

A very long name for a really good cake.  This is my second Twinkie cake and I was very nervous last year when they quite making them.  I was very happy when production started again.  Pick up some and try this cake this summer for your next cookout.
I used 2% milk, sugar free pudding and lite cool whip.  You have to cut back somewhere.
Line the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  My pan is a little bit bigger.  I needed to make a bigger one.
Measure 1 cup heavy cream.
Add 1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Add the pudding mix and whisk well.
Get all the lumps out of it.
Pour over the top of the Twinkies.
Make sure they are all covered.
Wash and slice strawberries.
Toss with 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
Stir well.
Then layer the cut strawberries on top of the pudding.
Add the cool whip on top of the strawberries.  Make sure you smooth it out all the way to the edges.
Chop up another 2 cups of strawberries.
Sprinkle on top.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
When you cut into the cake people will ask "is that Twinkies in there!"

No Bake Strawberry Banan Pudding Twinkie Cake Recipe
10 Twinkies
4 cups whipped cream
2 cups strawberries diced
2 cups strawberries sliced
1 small box Jello banana cream pudding mix
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Walmart has strawberry cream Twinkies.  I didn't see them when I was buying the Twinkies for this cake.  I think they would be good to use in this cake.  Publix had banana cream Twinkies.  If you really like banana you might want to try those.

















No comments:

Post a Comment