Monday, July 28, 2014

Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken

Back in the early spring a friend and I went to lunch at Victoria's.  Their special that day was King Ranch Chicken.  We both ordered it and after it arrived I told her I thought I could make this at home.  Well, it has been a while but I finally got around to making this at home.  This version is a crock pot version and I let it cook a little too long. Next time I don't have to plug it up at 8:00 in the morning I can wait a while.
The recipe called for chips but I bet you could use corn tortillas instead.
Place a layer of taco chips in the bottom of the crock pot.
Chop up the cooked chicken.
Chop an onion and add to the chicken.
Add a can of Rotel tomatoes.
1 cup chicken broth.
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Mix well.
Add half the mixture on top of the chips.
Add grated cheese on top of the chicken.
Add another layer of chips
Layer of chicken
Lots of cheese.  Cover and turn on low.  Cook for about 6 hours.
Ready for dinner.  This might have been a good recipe for using the crock pot liners.

Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken Recipe

taco chips
chicken breast cooked and chopped
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
garlic cloves I did not add
1 onion chopped
2 cups shredded cheese or more if you like lots of cheese
1 cup chicken broth
















1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete