Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pioneer Woman Apple Peanut Butter Delights

Last Saturday I was watching Pioneer Woman and she was doing 16 minute meals and snacks.  She made this for a snack but I thought it would make a great breakfast.  This is perfect for a nice filling breakfast. So when I went to the grocery store next I bought the items that I would need to make it.  It turned out really good but there are a couple of things I will do differently next time.  I will share those as we go along.
You can use crunchy or smooth peanut butter.

Start with a whole wheat English muffins.  I saw some honey wheat ones that might be good as well. Split the muffins.  You can make as many as you need for your family I was just making this for me
Spread some peanut butter on each half.  I think Nutella would be good to try as well.
Thinly slice a Granny Smith apple.  I need to slice it thiner next time.
In a small dish mix some sugar
Some cinnamon
And a little bit of nutmeg.  The amount you need depends on how many you are making.  Of course if you think you might make them a couple of mornings in a row you can mix up the full amount that I will post in the recipe and just store it.
Sprinkle the tops of the apple with the sugar mixture. Place in a preheated 350 oven for about 10 minutes.  Then turn up broil for about 3 minutes to caramelize the sugar on top.  I used the toaster oven and it didn't caramelize the sugar that well so I will use the big oven next time.
I don't know if you have any of these little bowl covers put they are really neat and come in several different flowers and sizes.  This is a new size I bought this past weekend.
Right out of the oven.
A nice healthy filling breakfast.

Apple Peanut Butter Delights Recipe

6 whole wheat English muffins
1 cup peanut butter
2 medium Granny Smith apples cored and thinly sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 10 minutes. Broil for 3 minutes.










No comments:

Post a Comment