Monday, July 14, 2014

Simple Stove Top Corn on the Cob

I have been on a quest this summer to find the best way to cook fresh corn on the cob.  So far I think I have enjoyed the oven roasted corn the best.  This one is a very easy way to make corn too.
Yes that is sugar for the corn.
Measure out 1/4 cup sugar
Pour the sugar into a large pot of water.
Bring the water to a boil.
Add the corn.  Cook for 3-10 minutes depending on how crisp you like your corn. I boiled mine for about 10 minutes. You can leave the corn in the warm water for up to an hour to keep the corn warm.
Butter and salt and pepper the corn.  This corn was good but I was expecting the natural sweetness of the corn to come out more than it did.  If you want to boil corn I would boil without the sugar. It was an experiment for me.
Simple Stove Top Corn on the Cob Recipe
6 ears of corn
1/4 cup sugar
butter 
salt and pepper







No comments:

Post a Comment