Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pistachio Wedding Cookies.

I was looking for an easy cookie to make to take somewhere.  I found this little recipe that looked easy to make and who doesn't like pistachio nuts?  Before you panic thinking you are going to have to shell all those little nuts, the pistachio in this recipe comes from pistachio pudding mix.  Easy right?
These little cookies do not take much to make.
Start with two sticks of softened butter.
Cream the butter.
Add 1/2 cup confectioners; sugar
Cream well and add 2 teaspoons vanilla.
Add 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3.4 oz pkg pistachio instant pudding mix.
Mix well.  Look at that pretty green color.  I think these will be great at Christmastime.
Empty the dough onto plastic wrap and cover well.  Place in the fridge for at least an hour.
Take the dough out of the fridge and roll into teaspoon size balls.  I think next time I will roll into the balls and then place the cookie sheet into the fridge before baking.
The recipe said to make and indention in the top but when they baked it all ran so it doesn't matter. place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for about 9 minutes.  Watch them so they don't overbaked.
My first batch spread too much on the pan.  The heat of the summer was not my friend in baking these cookies.  So the next tray I put in the fridge before I baked them and they did better.
While the cookies are still warm dust with powdered sugar.
Sprinkle well.
The finished cookies.

Pistachio Wedding Cookies Recipe

1 cup butter softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar + extra for dusting.
2 teaspooons vanilla
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3.4 oz pkg pistachio instant pudding mix
1/2 teaspoon salt



1 comment:

  1. It seems to be an easy recipe with less ingredients. I would like to try this recipe now itself.

    Order cookies gift basket online

    ReplyDelete