Monday, July 29, 2013

Lee's Cucumber Salad

A couple of weeks ago we ate dinner with some friends and they had this cucumber salad and I know it is going to sound strange but it is so addictive.  I like cucumbers but I don't just sit around and eat them because I taste them the rest of the day.
I started out with three small cucumbers and these are English cucumbers because they were the smallest ones they had at the grocery store.  These English cucumbers are burpless so you don't taste cucumbers the rest of the day.
I sliced the cucumbers in nice size pieces.  You don't want them thin or in too big of hunks either.
Toss them in a bowl.
Put a little fresh pepper on them and some salt.  The salt works best if it is Kosher salt or sea salt that is a little bigger grains.
Now this part will change depending on how many cucumbers you cut up.  I started with 3 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar.
Add 3 Tablespoons olive oil.
Whisk them together well.
Pour the mixture over the cucumber slices. Toss well to coat.  Then if you want to add some more salt and pepper add that.
Because I had more dressing than I needed I sliced another cucumber and added it to the bowl too.
I stored them in a plastic container with a lid.  It helps because you can put the lid on and shake well.  It helps to mix the dressing on all the cucumbers.  Place in the fridge for a while.  They taste good after a couple of hours but I bet over night they are going to be great.  I sampled them after a couple of hours and they were so good.  I did add a little more salt and pepper to bring out the flavor more.  Add according to what you like.  This makes a good addition to a meal with veggies.  Taste like summer to me.

****Note**** These cucumbers are best when they are only in the fridge for a couple of hours to just get cold.  If they stay too long the oils will solidify and you have to let them sit out for a while.  Also just know that the salt will bring out the natural liquids of the cucumbers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment