Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Okra Fritters

I love fried okra but I make such a mess when I make it and it doesn't taste as good as the frozen prebattered that you can buy in the store.  So when I saw this recipe I just had to try it and see if it was as good as regular fried okra.
The recipe has onions in it so it can't be bad.
Start with 1/2 cup all purpose flour
Salt and pepper.  Add more than you think you should.  I wish I had put more in mine.
Add 1/2 a chopped small onion.
Chop two cups okra.  Do this at the last minute because it gets that slimy stuff when it is cut.
one egg
Got carried away and didn't take a picture of the 1/4 cup buttermilk. Mix well.
Heat oil in a skillet.  Drop by tablespoonful into the hot oil.
Brown good on both sides and then drain on paper towels.

Okra Fritters Recipe

vegetable oil for frying
1/2 cup all purpose flour
salt and pepper
2 cups okra chopped
1/2 onion chopped
1 egg
1/4 cup buttermilk.

No comments:

Post a Comment