Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Jamie Deen's Stone Fruit Cobbler

A couple of weeks ago Jamie Deen made this cobbler on his show so I went to the web site and printed out the recipe.  I have a peach pie that I have been told was pretty good but this pie used plums as well as peaches, so I was curious about making it.  I liked it but my husband said it wasn't my peach pie.  I will probably make this again especially if we are having company.
The hardest part of this pie is peeling and cutting up the fruit.
I peeled and cut up about 4 peaches.  You could leave the peaches in slices but I chose to chop them up.
I went ahead and put the 3/4 cup of sugar on top of the peaches so that they could start to make a little syrup while I cut the plums.
Add 1/4 cup cornstarch
Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Toss well.
Then I peeled and cut up about 5 plums. Toss well.
Spray a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.  Add the fruit.
Now for the topping.  Melt one stick of butter.
Add 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour.
Add 1 1/4 cup milk
Add 1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix well.
Pour on top of the fruit.
Place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for about an hour, or it is nice and golden brown.
Fresh from the oven.  Serve warm....
with ice cream.

Stone Fruit Cobbler Recipe

Filling:
6 cups sliced stone fruit about 5 medium peaches and 5 plums
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt

Topping
 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 cups milk
1 stick butter melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt


No comments:

Post a Comment