Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Meatballs and Rice Skillet Dinner

I had some broccoli and bell peppers that needed to be used so I went to my trusty cookbook, Pinterest, to see if I could find something.  This recipe jumped out at me.  It is very easy to put together and is very colorful.
I used the three different colored mini peppers.  I thought they would add some pretty color to the dish.
Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in a pan.
When melted add the rice from the mix to brown.  Stir it constantly.
Add 2 1/3 cups water
Add the water and the seasoning pkg from the rice.  Stir well.
Add the meatballs.
Bring to a boil.
Cover. Reduce heat to medium low.  Cook 15 minutes.
Cut the peppers in strips.
Cut the broccoli into florets.
When the rice cooks down.
Add the vegetables. Cover and cook over medium heat for 7 to 9 minutes.
You want the broccoli to get crisp tender but not mushy.
It is enough for a meal but I had some roasted cauliflower to go with it.

Meatballs and Rice Skillet Dinner Recipe

1 Tablespoon butter
1 8oz pkg beef flavored rice and vermicelli mix
2 1/3 cups water
16 frozen cooked meatballs
2 cups broccoli (can be frozen or fresh)
1/2 cup red bell pepper strips

No comments:

Post a Comment