Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Roasted Butternut Squash

I have decided to try butternut squash.  Since starting this blog I have tried a lot of different vegetables.  I has been nice and for the most part we have enjoyed all the new veggies we have tried. I had bought a  butternut squash for part of my fall roasted vegetables and I only used half of it.  A friend of mine told me she liked it cooked with butter and cinnamon so for lunch I decided to try it that way.
My half squash, a little butter, and cinnamon sugar.
Here are the seeds in the squash.  They reminded me of pumpkin seeds and the membrane is very thick.
I scooped the seeds out and peeled it.
The cut into small pieces.
I melted some butter.  I had about 2 Tablespoons give or take left on a stick and that is what I melted.
Pour over the squash.
Toss well.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.  Probably a little more than a teaspoon or so.
Sprinkle some sugar on top.
Toss well.
Spread out on a sprayed cookie sheet.  I had plenty of room to make sure they weren't touching.  Place in a preheated 400 oven.  Bake for about 30 minutes.
Fresh from the oven.  It has a very mellow flavor that reminds me of sweet potatoes.  I think I will be trying other things with butternut squash this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment