Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Lasagna

It has been years since I made lasagna. No particular reason.  I make spaghetti sauce a lot but I just haven't transformed it into lasagna.  We were having a friend down for the weekend so I thought I would make it for him. Earlier in the week I made my homemade spaghetti sauce.  You can find the recipe hereHomemade spaghetti sauce.
These are the extra things that are needed after the spaghetti sauce is made.
Take 1 lb ricotta cheese and add 2 eggs to the cheese.  I use ricotta and I know some people use cottage cheese.  I am not a fan of either but it is needed for the lasagna so I use the smaller curd of ricotta.
I boiled my noodles 4 at a time.  This dish is a little bit bigger than the normal 9x13 pan.  Next time I will probably add two more noodles over the seams.
Add a layer of sauce.
A layer of mozzarella cheese.
Layer of the ricotta mixture.  I dolloped it on top.
Then used my off set spatula to smooth it out.
Here it is smoothed out.  Not completely covered but good.
Add another layer of noodles.
Sauce
Cheese
Ricotta
Forgot to show the last layer of noodles.  Then top with sauce and cheese.  I made this a couple of hours before I baked it so I covered with foil and baked it covered for a while, then took the foil off to melt the cheese.
We were hungry so we didn't let it sit before we cut the lasagna.  It will come out of the pan much better if it sits for a few minutes.  But it didn't matter it was still good.

Lasagna Recipe

Prepared spaghetti sauce
box lasagna noodles
1 lb ricotta cheese
2 eggs
4 cups cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment