Monday, October 21, 2013

Halloween Popcorn Treat

It is really easy to make popcorn snack mixes.  You just throw in whatever you like to balance the sweet with the salty.  You can make it seasonal which is what I did with this mix.
Candy Corn M&M's are what I used but the fall colored ones would work and if you can find the pumpkin spice they would be great.  Target was already out of them when I looked.
I air popped some popcorn.  You can use microwave popcorn if you like.  I like the air popped because it doesn't have all the extra stuff that is on microwave popcorn.
I spread the popcorn on two cookie sheets that I lined with wax paper.
Sprinkle the M&M's around on top of the popcorn.
Add some candy corn.  I used the fall mix that has the chocolate corn too.
I had 4 blocks of the almond bark that  I melted to use.  You could use more and the white chocolate wafers too.
Melt in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time.  You do not want to over cooke it.
I put it in a zip lock bag to drizzle on top of the popcorn.
Drizzle back and forth.  You could use more chocolate.  I didn't really use a lot. You could use orange chocolate to add some more color.  If you have some seasonal sprinkles you could add those while the chocolate is soft.
Let sit until the chocolate firms up.  Then store in a sealed container.

Halloween Popcorn Treats Recipe

about 6 cups popped popcorn
candy corn
seasonal M&M's
white chocolate
seasonal sprinkles


No comments:

Post a Comment