Thursday, October 10, 2013

Apple Crisp

I still have several of the apples we brought back from the Apple Barn and I am still looking for new ways to use them.  This recipe kind of fell in my lap this week.  I wasn't really looking for anything to bake, but when I saw it and saw how quick and easy it would be I threw it together for that night's dessert.  It didn't hurt that I had just bought some vanilla ice cream either.
Make sure you have old fashioned oats for this recipe.
Start with 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups Old Fashioned oats
Toss this together.  Wait about putting the melted butter in until after you peel and cut the apples.  I didn't want the apples to turn bad while I put the topping together.
Peel, core, and slice 4 apples.
Add 2 Tablespoons cinnamon to the apples and toss.
Toss the apples well to coat with the cinnamon.
Melt 2/3 cup butter
Pour the butter into the oat mixture.
Mix well and make sure all the dry ingredients have butter on them.
Place the apples in the bottom of a sprayed casserole pan, then top with the oat mixture.  Place in a preated 375 oven and bake for 30 minutes.  That's it.  Easy as can be.
Fresh from the oven. Smells so good.  It is best served hot so the ice cream will melt.  The ice cream reall makes it.
Doesn't that look good?

Apple Crisp Recipe

4 apples
2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon

Topping
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups Old Fashioned oats
2/3 cup melted butter


No comments:

Post a Comment