Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cornbread Waffles with Chili

I found this great quick and easy meal the other day.  I think I will keep the fixings for this meal in the pantry for those nights I need something fast for dinner.  You can make this with your own cornbread recipe and your own homemade chili.  But why to to that much trouble when you can put this meal together in about 15 to 20 minutes.  You can add whatever toppings you have or that you like.

The recipe calls specifically for Jiffy cornbread mix.  The mix will make about 4 waffles on my waffle iron.
Start with 3/4 cup milk
2 Tablespoon melted butter
1 egg
Add the Jiffy mix.
Whisk together.  The batter will be a little thiner that normal cornbread batter.
Preheat your waffle iron.  Learn from my mistakes.  I don't use the waffle iron very often so I forgot to spray with nonstick spray.  Spray the iron or it will stick.
Nice and golden brown.
While you are cooking your waffles, heat the chili on the stove.  Then top the waffle with chili.
I added some chopped green onions on top.  If I had had some lettuce I would have used that too.
Then top with cheese.

Cornbread Waffles with Chili Recipe

Waffle Recipe
1 box Jiffy Cornbread mix
1 egg
2 Tablespoons melted butter
3/4 cup milk

Topping

1 can favorite chili
shredded lettuce
grated cheese
sour cream
dice tomatoes
salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment