Thursday, April 11, 2013

Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing

Spring is the perfect time to start making some nice salads for dinner.  I love the different pretty greens you can get to add to your salads.  This one turned out great with some fresh strawberries and mango, but the dressing is the main event today.

Strawberries are beginning to be nice and ripe in the stores.  These turned out to be really sweet.
Start by putting about 1/4 cup chopped strawberries in the blender.  I didn't measure mine but I like lots of strawberries.
1/3 cup white vinegar.
1/2 cup Extra light Olive Oil.
1/4 cup sugar.  I think next time I will try splenda in this recipe.
1/4 teaspoon of salt
A little garlic.  It also called for a little bit of purple onion and I did not have any so I left it out and it was still good.
Blend well until all the strawberries are chopped.
I poured it into a storage container.
Now add 1 Tablespoon of poppy seeds.
Mix them in well.
Here is my salad.  I used spinach and spring greens mix.  I added strawberries, mango, and almonds.  I grilled two chicken breast on the George Forman and chopped those and added them too.
The finished salad.  The dressing was nice and light and tasted fresh.  Be sure and try this recipe this spring and summer.

Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing Recipe

garlic
purple onion
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup chopped strawberries
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup extra light olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon poppy seed


No comments:

Post a Comment